Saturday, October 3, 2009

Music, music, music....

I've been playing around for a while now with music for San Francisco. I love music. I grew up with music in the background, and there are almost always tunes playing in my house.

The right music can really set the mood - think about the soundtrack to some of your favorite movies. The Big Chill and Forrest Gump come immediately to mind, and there are so many other films where the soundtrack was an important part of moving the story forward. And so many of our favorite fictional protagonists love music. Harry Bosch is into jazz, Jack Reacher is a blues lover, and Elvis Cole is all about the rock and roll; knowing what kind of music they listen to makes these characters more real to us, and helps us get to know them better.

So, Bouchercon 2010 is going to have a dance party. At the moment I'm calling it Bouchercon a Go Go, but Club Bouchercon sounds pretty good, too. Not sure yet whether it'll be Friday or Saturday night, but there'll be live music interspersed with a DJ, and we will definitely have some sort of disco ball. Because I like disco balls.

Just for fun, here are two of my very favorite songs about San Francisco. See if you can guess which one makes me think about Bouchercon Opening Ceremonies ;-)




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Rae, I'm so there at your disco party! If you play Bee Gees, ABBA & "Brick House," I'm gonna pull out some freaky moves no one's seen since 1978. (Right after I increase my medical insurance coverage.)

Elyse

October 3, 2009 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Yay! I'm wearing sequins and shoulder pads ;-)

October 4, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home