Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The clock keeps ticking...

...and there's still a whale of a lot to do....


...but it's beginning to feel like Bouchercon might just actually happen (good news, I'm sure, for all of you who've bought your plane tickets and made your hotel reservations  ;-)

Just today I had a conversation with the DJ for our Disco Dance.  Until now, it wouldn't have occurred to me that you have to tell these folks the kind of music you want - I guess I thought they just magically knew that anything sounding like this...



....will get them tossed out on their ear.


So we had a fun chat, during which I told him that I wanted great dance tunes from across the decades.  Like this one....





....and this one....




Lest you think I'm completely prejudiced against anything recorded after oh, say, 1989....



...there are some more recent tunes that make me want to shake my booty....




....and we're having an old-style photo booth, just for fun....






So, any requests for the DJ?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

Disco Inferno, Boogie Fever, Jive Talkin'....

October 6, 2010 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Well, of course!

;-)

October 7, 2010 at 5:28 AM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

The entire "Saturday Night Fever" album is what's called for!

(Yes, album. The flat black thing with the hole in the middle. LOL. Showing my age.)

October 7, 2010 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

I still have some 78s - they were my mom's, but still....

October 7, 2010 at 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home