Thursday, March 25, 2010

Things that make me happy on a Friday....

Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith on the same stage. Oh, yeah......






Working on Bouchercon also makes me happy. When I talk to people about it, the comment I often hear is "wow, that must be a lot of work". Well, yeah, it is. But it's also a boat load of fun. There's the logistical stuff, like program books and schedules, which appeals to the organizer in me - give me a spreadsheet and I can amuse myself for hours.

Plus, there's the planning and the programming, which allows me to talk to great people, who have fabulous ideas about how to make Bouchercon special.


For instance, my friends at MWA and Sisters in Crime are managing the Hospitality Suite. Simon Wood and Julie Goodson Lawes and the gang are planning like mad, and from what they've told me, it's going to be really special.

Then there's the Wolfe Pack. Not this one.....





....this one...





They're hosting a dinner during Bouchercon that I think will be way cool. Jane Cleland will have all the details, and we're posting info on our Program page as well.

And I continue to be over-the-top excited about our Saturday night Disco Party and Dance-O-Rama, partly because it gives me an excuse to post videos like this one....






...and this one....







A little Weekend Update





  • Over 50% of our hotel rooms have been sold, so now would be a good time to make your reservations.
  • Some of you have asked about updates to the attendees page. With a little luck (which means yours truly needs to figure out FTP. Spreadsheets I'm good at - the interwebs, not so much ;-) we'll have updates on the site this weekend.
  • Anthony nominations ballots have gone out - check your email, and VOTE!


And finally, I hope you have a fabulous weekend.






8 Comments:

Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Whoa, Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin on stage ... somehow, the letters AARP pop into my head.
================
 Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
 http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

April 9, 2010 at 5:57 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Hey, I resemble that remark ;-)

April 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Don't misunderstand me. I saw Led Zeppelin years ago, so many years ago, in fact, that some people back then probably thought a 25-minute drum solo was a mind-expanding experience.
=================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

April 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Totally get it. Reminds me of the old joke about the Grateful Dead:

"What's your favorite Dead song?"

"The short one."

;-)

April 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I was spared seeing the Dead until college of just after (and I realize it may be heresy to speak against them considering this Bouchercon's location), but I never really got the point.

Speaking further of which …

Which reminds me of a real question: Someone asked me if there would be any Hammett-related events or tours on the program. Have you folks set anything up?
================
 Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
 http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

April 9, 2010 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Definitely are planning on Hammett-related programming. Nothing to announce yet, though ;-)

April 9, 2010 at 7:06 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks. Someone told me that a guy in SF offers Hammett-related tours, but not in the fall. But I shall leave the matter in your capable hands.
================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

April 9, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home