Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's past my bedtime on Sunday night....

...and Bouchercon just keeps getting closer.....





But it's all coming together, and it's going to be soooo fabulous.......





Moving right along...

The Answer Department

I've had a few questions about attire for Bouchercon - it's definitely casual, but bring layers and comfy shoes. I've also been asked if our Disco Dance is a costume party.



I say, why not?





Feel free to wear your shoulder pads, acid washed jeans, and Members Only jackets - or not. But you've gotta wear your boogie shoes ;-)






A word about the programming...

(And yes, I'm wearing my cranky pants, which are larger than usual because stress makes me eat. Everything.)

Judy Bobalik, who is a goddess, has begun sending out emails to people who will be participating on traditional panels. Over the next few days I'll be emailing people who've been chosen to be part of our Continuous Conversation, and then we'll start talking about 20 on the 20.

For the most part, people are very excited and enthusiastic, which is way cool and makes us very happy - as if we're doing a Good Thing for Good People. It's a 'let's dance' sort of a feeling....






A very few people are whining, which is unseemly and provokes this reaction amongst your local friendly Program Committee......





If you're bitching and moaning and complaining (so that we can hear you), think about this: the same few people will be working on the program for the next three or four years. We're crabby, and we have long memories. Just sayin'......


OK, cranky pants off, jammies on.....



I have to tell you, this is all being a lot more fun that I thought it would be. It's an incredible amount of work, and there are lots of scary moments ("Oh crap. I totally forgot about the X!" and "You told him he could do WHAT????") There's some Mickey and Judy to it all....






....but a lot of talented people are working really hard to make it all happen, and I'm really grateful to be part of the fabulosity.


So, as Judy always says.....






Have a great week, everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

Thank you, Rae.

I hope you don't have to put your cranky pants back on too many times in the next five weeks.

--Marjorie from CT

September 13, 2010 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Thanks, Marjorie - I just hope they don't get any bigger ;-)

September 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

Well, with the amount of sourdough bread that I plan on eating in San Francisco (my favorite bread ever), both my cranky pants and my every day pants are bound to be stretched to their limits!

--Marjorie from CT

September 13, 2010 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Toni Kelner said...

Any idea when the panels will be all worked out? I'm hoping for an assignment, and would like to know timing before I buy plane tickets.

September 14, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home