Friday, October 8, 2010

Last minute travel tips - getting to the Hyatt




I'll bet most of you are getting to the Hyatt using BART - Bay Area Rapid Transit. If that's not your plan, it should be. BART is easy, economical, and keeps you out of San Francisco's utterly heinous traffic jams, which I would swear are timed so that you only miss your important appointments....

Flying into San Francisco?  There's a BART station inside the International Terminal, and the fare to your destination, the Embarcadero BART station, is $8.10.  The trip will take about 35 minutes.

Flying into Oakland?  You'll take an AirBART shuttle from the front of the airport to the Coliseum/Oakland Airport BART station.  The AirBART fare is $3.00, and the fare from the Coliseum/Oakland station to the Embarcadero Station is $3.80.  The trip, including your AirBART ride, will probably take about 30 minutes.

Once you get to the Embarcadero station, you'll see a sign like this, only less blurry (my Blackberry takes lousy photos  ;-)





Head toward Main | Drumm | Spear streets, looking for this sign....





Come on up the escalator.  There's an elevator if you travel with as much luggage as I do.  Wait. No one travels with as much luggage as I do.  And by the way, one of my favorite things about Bouchercon this year?  No luggage restrictions!




Anyway, as you come up the escalater, you'll see a big building......
 
 
 
It's the Hyatt!  I took this from the top of the escalator, so you can see you don't have far to travel to check in. 
 
 
 
 
Bouchercon is almost here!  Yay!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sasscer Hill said...

Rae, question. It the Bart transportation a train or a bus? If a train, can I roll my suitcase on? It is a very large suitcase, and I am a very small person. My trip continues on after Bouchercon and I pack a lot of hair products . . .

October 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Hi,

BART is a train, and you can definitely roll suitcases on and off. The escalators are similar to escalators in airports, so they should be workable, but there are elevators as well.

With ya on the hair product, or as my pals refer to it "goos and juices ;-)

October 8, 2010 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Camille Minichino said...

Can't wait to hit the photo booth! Not before the book room, of course. And the crafts room. And the hospitality suite. Oh too many great spots!

October 8, 2010 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

I swear I'm gonna come make something, Camille. I'm scared but I'm gonna try ;-)

October 8, 2010 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks!
==========================
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

October 9, 2010 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

I thought I had posted to say thanks for this, but it seems to have evaporated.

In any case, a thing like knowing what exit to use at a huge station like Embarcadero helps us all a lot, esp. for we first time visitors.

Thanks for doing that for us, Rae.

--Marjorie from CT

October 10, 2010 at 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home