Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Take a walk with Dashiell Hammett...



I'm very pleased to tell you that the Great and Fabulous Don Herron has graciously agreed to give us two Dashiell Hammett walking tours.  You'll travel the path of Sam Spade, The Continental Op, and many of Hammett's other famous characters

The tours will take place Friday at noon and Thursday at 1:00, and are strictly limited to 30 people.

You'll meet in front of 870 Market, between 4th and 5th Streets - it's a 9 block walk or a 2-stop BART ride.  The lovely folks in the Hospitality Suite can help you figure out how to get there.

If you're interested, send an email to hammett@bcon2010.com.

In other news....

Guess what!  Bouchercon starts the day after tomorrow!



2 Comments:

Blogger Brian_Brady said...

Hello,
I'm very excited about attending BoucherCon. I can only afford to pay for Saturday's walk-in fee of $75 dollars and I'm very happy to pay that, since it's been 25 years since BoucherCon has been in San Francisco. Since my mom used to say 'It never hurt's to ask'. I was wondering if there were any Free Guest Passes for Friday that publishers or guests that can't attend may have left for you to give out? I have to be there on Saturday, for Robert Crais interviewing Lee Child's, but there are several panels and guests I wanted to see on Friday also. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully send me an answer, either yes or no, I understand completely. Thank You, brianbrady@peoplepc.com

October 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger Rae Helmsworth said...

Hi Brian,

Well, Saturday is a great day to come, the Robert Crais / Lee Child interview will be fab.

Unfortunately, we weren't given the opportunity for free day passes. However, the Book Room is open to the public every day, so if you want to come just hang out, you'd be most welcome.

Cheers,
RAe

October 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home