Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Edgars are coming, the Edgars are coming!

So, in about ten days or so, I get to go to the Edgar Awards in New York. I love the Edgars. Why? Well, it's a great opportunity to hang out with Fun Crime Fiction People, in one of my very favorite cities.






But the main reason is, I just love getting dressed up. And the idea that I'm getting all gussied up to go to a glittery awards banquet and watch deserving people win prizes makes me very, very happy.

There are those who think fancy dress or black tie is elitist or snobby or silly.






They're wrong. It's FASHION. It's fun, and it's fashion.







If you're a girl, you get to feel like this...




...or like this...





If you're a guy, well who wouldn't want to feel like this....





or like this....





I'll bet that was a fun party. Wouldn't you have loved to be there?



Sure, there's a lot to be said for just hanging out and gabbing and eating pizza.....





But every once in awhile, it's fun to play adult, like these two did....





....and these two.....





I am so looking forward to it....I even like the morning after, although I almost never go out for breakfast...





I'll be back with a full report....


P.S. I said in my last post that I was going to the Giants game. This was the view from my seat.






It was a great night, and the Giants made a game of it until about the 7th inning or so....


Have a great weekend, everyone ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home