Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nancy Drew is 80!

And we're going to have a birthday party for her. I can't wait.





I don't know what kind of mystery books you fellows were reading when you were youngsters. I always say the first crime fiction I read was A.A. Milne. Pooh lost his 'Hunny' and the search for it was full of suspense - at least I thought so when I was five.




Anyway, I'm pretty sure most of us gals read Nancy Drew stories. There are those who, today, want to have a feminist debate over Nancy's place in literary and cultural history. Fine with me, but I wasn't worried about Nancy's socio-economic impact, or Carolyn Keene's hidden political agenda.

I just thought Nancy was cool.





Jennifer Fisher and Penny Warner have graciously agreed to organize the party, and we have some other special events planned, with some very special guests. I'm not going to tell you about them, I don't want to spoil the surprise - but trust me, it'll be fun.

And after all, isn't fun what it's all about?





Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Msmstry said...

Any idea when the party will be? I'd love to come!

July 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home